Pack 186 Fall Family Camp-IN 2019
Time & Location
** IMPORTANT Event Info **
Since we had to cancel our traditional outdoor fall campout, we've decided to hold a Camp-IN to make up for it! We'll set up tents in Myrick Hall, enjoy fun games, free time to hang out with friends, a movie (in the Youth Room on the big screen!), dinner, S'mores, and a campfire program with our indoor bonfire!
This will be a "lock-in" event, so once we do lights out and lockdown, no one will be permitted to enter or exit the building except in case of emergency.
REGISTRATION CHECKLIST -- ALL ARE REQUIRED:
- Complete online registration here. Be sure to include the total number of people in your party, including scouts, adults and siblings. This makes sure we have enough food for everyone at camp, and enough registered leaders to manage everyone.
- Complete BSA Health/Medical Forms A & B. We need new Health Forms on file for every adult, scout, sibling and other guests attending camp. You will not be able to attend camp without these forms. Click here for the Health/Medical forms. The completed forms should be turned in to your den leader, to Jason Wantuck or Ryan Smith, or dropped off at the St. Joseph School office.
- We are asking that each family contribute only $10 to help cover the cost of food. Again, that's ONLY $10 per FAMILY, not per scout. Please make your check payable to Pack 186, and turn in to your den leader, to Jason Wantuck or Ryan Smith, or drop off at the St. Joseph School office.
** We must receive Health/Medical Forms and payment by Thursday, November 14th. **
We also need some adult volunteers to help with some of our activities, especially our overnight safety guards. Please click here to sign up!
SUGGESTED PACKING LIST:
- NO ELECTRONIC DEVICES (KIDS). Playing games, watching videos, etc. on tablets or cell phones will not be allowed during camp. The *only* exception is during the overnight hours, when adults taking the safety guard shifts may use headphones to use a device for entertainment.
- Tent (make sure it can free-stand and doesn't need to stick into the ground)
- Sleeping bag
- Air mattress + pump (simple ground cover foam pad will *not* be sufficient against the hard floor)
- Change of clothes
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.)
- Lantern or flashlight
- Mess kit + water bottle (**We are avoiding using wasteful paper/plastic products, so everyone should bring a washable mess kit. We will have bins to wash, sanitize.)
- Cards, games
- Hand sanitizer
- Medicine: All medicine must be in a locked case (key or combination) to prevent accidental interaction.
At check-in, families will be assigned to temporary "Dens" for camp. Each Den will be responsible for certain duties for meals -- setup, centerpieces, clean up. Dens will rotate for meals and snack so everyone get a chance to help.
3:00pm - 5:45pm Check-In & Setup Tents, socialize, etc.
*4:30pm - 5:30pm MASS for anyone who wants to come (optional)
6:00pm - 6:30pm Flag Ceremony, opening remarks
6:30pm - 7:30pm Dinner
7:30pm - 9:00pm Movie in Youth Room; games/fun & hangout in Myrick
9:00pm - 9:45pm Campfire program, skits, songs, stories
10:00pm LIGHTS OUT
*10:00pm - 8:00am --> adults will pair up and take 2-hour shifts staying awake for safety guard.
8:00am Wake Up, Breakfast
9:00am Clean up, pack up
9:30am Closing ceremony